Make a difference:
Write to US leaders and demand action NOW
Please sign our open letter, and let your representatives know that stopping war crimes is important to you.
This letter doesn’t call for US boots on the ground or direct military involvement, but rather to give Ukraine the tools it needs to do all the fighting on its own.
This isn’t an internet petition – this is an official letter to your representatives. This is how we talk to them in a language they understand.
Full letter text
AN OPEN LETTER to THE PRESIDENT AND U.S. CONGRESS
Act now against Russian war crimes in Ukraine
Russia’s unprovoked attack on the people of Ukraine continues at this very moment.
War crimes like the ones seen in Bucha are happening right now in towns across Ukraine. Torture and mass executions of civilians. Sexual violence as a weapon of war. These crimes will be your legacy if you do not take immediate action to stop them!
Ukraine continues to fight bravely and courageously for its independence and democracy defending the fundamental values of a free nation. Unarmed Ukrainians stop columns of Russian tanks on their knees.
But Ukraine cannot win this war alone. While the United States has done a lot to help Ukraine, there are other steps that need to be done to stop this mass killing of civilians.
I urge you to ensure that the following policies are executed without any further delay:
- Provide Ukraine with the weapons it is asking for to protect its civilians, including air defense systems;
- Embargo all business ties with Russia and cut all Russian banks from SWIFT;
- More rapid humanitarian aid to Ukraine;
- Streamline the process for Ukrainian refugees in the US.
Every day of waiting is a day closer to Russia defeating Ukraine and getting stronger to attack its next target.
Thank you for acting now.
How to sign:
Text PVVPUY to 50409
(You’ll have a chance to review and confirm the letter text!)
How it works:
- Open a new text (SMS) conversation with the phone number 50409.
- Send it the following text: PVVPUY
- When prompted, confirm that you wish to send this letter signed in your name.
- (This is when you have the option to review – “sample” – the letter’s text before confirming.)
- The automated program will prompt you to enter the info it needs to send the letter:
- address (so it will know who in Congress to send it to);
- possibly your email (if your representatives require it for letter-senders).
- Once you enter the information, the system will send the letter. Done!
Our open letter uses Resistbot’s easy tools for contacting US officials. Resistbot is a free, nonprofit service built by volunteers, that aims to connect voters to their elected officials. They don’t spam.
See our letter’s page on the Resistbot website, where you can check how many people have signed already!